In the words of Clay Mathile, former owner of The Iams Company,
“To be a successful entrepreneur, you must have unwavering faith and commitment to your dreams, no matter how many obstacles are put in your path. Aileron was built to help America’s aspiring entrepreneurs of today and for generations to come…”
Aileron seeks to nurture entrepreneurship by providing ongoing education and development to those who seek to start or grow their respective businesses.
“…I believe that entrepreneurs perform the most noble acts of anyone in a free society. By putting their capital at risk and creating jobs for others, they keep the Great American Dream alive. We believe that those who engage themselves in all that we endeavor to share will grow in knowledge and passion to take their business and their dreams to the next level.”
Helping you achieve those dreams and becoming a champion of free enterprise are the foundation upon which Aileron was built. Our mission is simple: to create an environment for owners of private enterprise to implement professional management. To achieve that mission, we’ve developed a variety of services tailored to the specific needs of the private business owner. From a state-of-the-art campus and one-on-one consulting services to our popular Course for Presidents and other programs and workshops, you’ll find the resources you need to plan for a successful future.
Clay Mathile, whose own story shows the rewards that can come with calculated risk. In 1975, he bought a 50 percent ownership stake in Iams, the pet food company, which at that point was on the verge of failing. By 1982, Mathile owned all of Iams, and he grew it from a six-figure business to one that in 1999 had nearly a billion dollars in sales.
What Aileron means and why we chose it:
ai·le·ron n. — One of two movable flaps on the wings of an airplane that can be used to control the plane’s rolling and banking movements. –American Heritage Dictionary
And here are just a few of the reasons Aileron fits with our business and our mission:
* Riding in an airplane provides a different view of the world. To reach their goals, leaders need to break out of the day-to-day grind and look at their organizations from a 30,000-foot “big-picture” perspective.
* An aileron guides the plane and gives it direction. Professional management and its components provide control, stability and the means to keep your organization on the right course.
* Planes take you to new places. Learning about professional management will do the same for you and your business.
* Business leaders are the pilots of their organizations. Aileron is the friendly voice on the radio providing guidance to help you reach your destination.
* Aviation is all about forward motion. Aileron is here to help you move toward your goals.
* Our name is a nod to the rich aviation history of the Dayton community.
* It takes a lot to keep a plane up in the air. Thrust and momentum are essential, but they aren’t enough to guarantee success. To get where you want to go, you also need expert navigation and control.